Here is the completed Lily-all quilted up. I apologize for not getting
a full shot of the quilt but its large size-89 x 89- didn’t help.
Here is a close up of the pebbling on the quilt. Most of the
pebbling was quilted in the middle of the quilt, between all of the
This is a shot of the outside of the border. The swags really liven
up the outside border area.
The back is always interesting and so textural. I love looking at the back to see
how the quilting looks as well. This quilt is being entered into a juried show but
I am really unsure if it will do anything. When I bought the backing, I forgot that
the front was a cream color and I ordered a white backing. I remembered when I
put it on the frame but it had to be quilted so I kept the backing white. One mistake
I will not forget next time.
It is a good thing that we learn from our mistakes, especially silly ones.
Here is the outside corner area, with its cross hatching and feathers.
This is what the swags look like on the back of the quilt. I think that I have
to email Sue GArman-the designer-and show her what her design looks like in
green and pink colors.
This is my new applique quilt that I will be working on for the next year.
A light yellow fabric is my background color of choice, so I hope that it will
look ok when completed.
This is a Pearl Pereira BOM this year. You should check it out on her website,
I am also linking up to Freshly Pieced.