Here are the remaining pictures of some of the quilts I completed
for Northcott and Quilt Market.
Even though this quilt was pretty small, it was fun to work on.
I SID around all the flying geese, stars and straight lines. Once
that was completed, the fun could begin.
The stars were outlined on the inside edge 1/4″ and then filled in
with a nice swirl. A variegated thread was used for this quilting so
that it would add some interest to the stars. The flying geese had the
the same thread used on them as well.
In the white sections, I used a white Glide thread (40wt) for the
straight lines. This quilt felt modern so thus the reason for the
Christine Stainbrook of Project House 360 also
designed this quilt “Oasis.”
It is pretty funky. The first order of business with me is to
complete the SID. Once this boring but oh so important step
is completed, then the fun can begin.
I quilted in the all the wavy lines in the center panel and then
straight lines were added in the colorful border. I used a variegated
thread for the colorful strips and the flying geeese. In the
black sections, I used a 40 wt black embroidery thread. It is very
thin and works well on these quilts.
The backing is very neat. I used a black 40 wt thread here as well.
This little baby is a printed panel. How cool is that? Even though
it is small, it still sucks up alot of time to complete.
In the background section, I quilted in swirls and circles-thanks
to Judi Madsen. The flower petals received half circles and the
blue/cream sections-straight lines.
Using the same motifs on the quilt helps to unify it.
The inner cream border was divided up into 2″ squares and then
straight lines and arcs were stitched in. The border is one of my
favorite parts of this quilt.
The outside border received double straight lines, kind of like a
frame. The only problem with that, is that the border now buckles
a little due to the fact that all the other sections of the quilt were
heavily quilted and this section was not. I would do this differently
if I could.
This fabric looks really rich. I love it!
I used a light brown 40 Metro thread for the backing.
Another section of the backing. I used 3-4 different shades of 40 wt
Metro thread. The thread colors were a light cream, medium browny
gold and a tan color. For the aqua blue/greeny border, I used a
Sulky variegated thread.
I am unsure of who designed this quilt but I absolutely love the
colors in this quilt. The batteries in my camera died the morning I was
taking pictures of this quilt so I only have the before picture of this
one. Sorry guys.
I quilted around every shape in this quilt. In the outside aqua border,
I quilted in straight lines and then filled in every other with the
matchsticks design. It took me 4 hours just to do the outside
border. It did look good when done though.
I quilted in some modern feathers( in the style of Angela Walters)
in the triangle areas around the pinwheels. In the open spaces,
I added some squares. It helped to fill in some empty space and
it took me less time to do the background fill. The background
fill consisted of circles and straight lines.
I used a 40 wt Glide cream thread and a variegated aqua thread for
the outside border. Again, I apologize for the absence of pictures.
Have a great week