This past week has been one of those weeks; whatever can go wrong,
has gone wrong. To summarize, my rocker switch finally died 2
weeks ago and instead of ordering the part when I noticed it, I thought
that I would wait. Not quite sure for what but anyhow, I did. The
switch arrived fairly quickly but still I lost several days of
quilting. At this time of the year, that is not good.
And last night, our dishwasher finally decided to spill its guts
all over the basement floor. Yup!! That did not make me a
happy camper. All is well now so on to better and more
exciting things, like quilts.
Mary Ellen sent me this quilt, way back in May or April. She wanted
alot of curved cross hatching. I really love it when a customer tells me
exactly what they want; then I don’t have to fret about whether or not
they will like what I choose to quilt on their quilt.
On the Dresden Plate petals, Mary Ellen wanted the infinity symbol, kind
of like a large number 8. And feathers in the outer border area. I love
feathers, so this was not a problem.
Lots of curved cross hatching. That can be a nightmare when only using
rulers to stitch them in. I have done them before so it does get easier.
I used a white cotton thread for the top and the backing. It is really
thick in comparison to using polyester thread. I quilted in straight
lines on the red outer border so that it helped the border stand out
a little more as well.
The backing was white, sorry about the lighting. The quilting really
stands out on a solid backing.
I can’t remember who made this quilt but the owner decided
that straight lines would add some more dimension to it and I
Polyester thread was used for top and the backing. I really love
straight line stitching right now .
Carol made this quilt for a charity draw.
It is amazing how much a Log Cabin
can change in relation to how the blocks are laid out.
Again, straight lines were chosen, even though this is a very
traditional block and quilt.
Cream was the choice of thread color and it works well with
all the different colors in the quilt top itself.
Here is a close up of the block and the quilting on it. Again, the
quilting brings the blocks to life and adds so much dimension and
I love the straight lines and the backing looks so different from the
A close up of the backing for you.
Again, I am unsure of the owner of this quilt. It has been
several months since I completed this one.
Flirtatous is the name of the panto used for the quilting.
And a light tan polyester thread was used for the top and the backing.
The backing looks like wood; really cool, if you ask me.
A close up of the backing; I’m wondering if this is cotton
Have a great week and I hope your week is better than mine.
2 thoughts on “A Rough Day”
Mary Ellen’s quilt is stunning. Beautiful piecing and quilting!