Basting : This is done a 4 inch intervals to secure layers for hand quilting.
Edge to edge : A continuous line design covering the whole quilt, including borders. Designs range from loose to dense.
Custom Quilting : Anything that is not edge to edge. This includes different techniques such as stitching in the ditch, echo quilting, outlining applique, cross hatching, or trapunto.
Quilt Preparations :
- Press quilt top & backing. Check for loose threads, holes, or any possible mistakes. Fix right away. Repairs means more time.
- Please piece & square the backing. Remove selvages to prevent puckering after washing.
- Wide backing should be pre-washed to minimize shrinkage.
- Borders: do not cut off a strip and sew on. Measure through the middle of the quilt, cut the border to that size, then pin and sew on. Wavy border do not quilt out and puckers will be the end result.
- If quilt is directional, please put pin in it so it can be mounted on machine properly.
- Backing must be 4-6 inches larger than quilt top, on all 4 sides.
- Do not baste or pin layers together. The layers are mounted individually on the frame.
Set up/mounting fee $25 (any size)
This rate include pantos, custom quilting, designing quilting, and cleaning up the back when quilt is done.
The more dense or detailed the panto or custom quilting, will result in more time needed.
Time is tracked from the first stitch taken until the quilt is taken off the frame.
Taxes are extra and prices are subject to change.
Member of Canadian Quilters Association – Kempenfelt Quilt Guild (Barrie)