This is the third week in a row I have been working on Lily of Rosenberry.
If you are getting tired of looking at it, I quite understand. I am hoping that I will
complete it tomorrow. Only 1 hour or so left of McTavishing to go.
I think that I have spent 50 hours on this quilt. This may
be the longest time I have spent on any one quilt.
Here is a close up of the pebbling I quilted in the middle section.
Besides feathers, pebbles are one of my favorite background fills too.
The outer border consists of 16 swags. This is one of the swags-feathers and
pebbles fill in the inner section.
More pebbles in the border swag area.
Thought that you might like to see what I see when I am quilting
an area. It looks pretty bleak but the quilting brings it to life.
Another corner swag area that is awaiting McTavishing.
The swirly area is the McTavishing. Basically, it is an “S”
shape that is repeated over and over. The change in direction is
what gives the stitching movement.
One of the pink flowers in the central blocks. Pink and lime
green were the colors I chose for this quilt. Very daring, I think.
Here are some of the berries on the quilt. This quilt has a mere
1,004 of these berrries. Yes, I am crazy.
The corner swags were given feathers and some cross-hatching.
Another outside swag shot.
More berries with McTavishing.
This is what the outside of the border looks like.
Swags were stitched in the area around the central 16 blocks.
It helps to divide up the border and the 2 different fills: pebbles and
McTavishing. It also repeats the swags in the border area. Due to the
2 layers of batting used: a wool and an 80/20 cotton, the swags puff up
nicely. Even the berries are puffy too.
This quilt has certainly tested my patience but now that I am almost done,
I think that I will miss working on it.
I am linking up the Freshly Pieced.